Barry O For President 2012

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

It's the economy, stupid!

Posted by Barry O Wednesday, May 06, 2009, under ,,,, | 3 comments

When I came in to work today, Geithner was hiding under my desk. He was rolled up in a fetal position, gently rocking back and forth. I tried to get him out of the way- my computer is at my desk and I heard Tetris calling me. Tetris is how I've decided to pass most of my time in the Oval Office. I tried other games but they proved to be to complex. I've been working on Tetris now for four months, and I think I am close to completing level one. As you may of noticed, I'm not always so good at making quick decisions. I hope this can help.

Anyway, I realized that the only way that I was going to get Geithner out of my office was to either let him walk Humpy or let him vent. Since Humpy always comes back so sad when Geithner walks him, I thought that I'd just let him vent.

"Tim, what's wrong buddy?"

"It's the economy, again..." answered Geithner.

"Tell me of this economy you speak of."

"It's the system where goods and services are assigned value for the purpose of trade."

I thought that was interesting. No one had ever stated it to me in that way before. I always thought the economy was just me spending money, and the fed printing more money, or borrowing to cover my spending.

"So what's going on?"

"Well the banks need substantially more money to survive."

"I can solve that- just print more money."

I thought he'd be relieved, but he left more nervous than ever. Some people just don't get it...

3 comments:

There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nutcases want to be president. -Kurt Vonnegut

LOL! I love Vonnegut!

Perhaps Geitner could help out a bit by paying his taxes!

Ooooh... I'm all for that!

And yeah... Vonnegut is amazing,my hero!

Tags

Labels