Barry O For President 2012

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, May 11, 2009

Why weekends suck

Posted by Barry O Monday, May 11, 2009, under , | 3 comments

Those of you who follow on twitter know that I had a little problem over the weekend.

I was watching a special presentation of Star Trek. I thoroughly enjoyed the move, although I'm not sure where William Shatner was. Anyway, all through the movie I was sipping on one of those 144 ounce Mountain Dew's. By the time the movie was over, I was ready to float out of the Whitehouse Screening Room. I ran to the bathroom and started to answer natures call. That's when I heard Geithner.

As you can imagine, my first instinct was to zip up. As I found out, my first instinct should have been to tuck, and then zip up. I had caught it in my zipper. Now, I'm not one to complain, but I didn't know what to do. All my family and friends were waiting form me, and there I was with WangUS (Wang of the United States) caught in my zipper. I tried to slowly move the zipper, and in my panic wound up with WangUS further ensconced in my zipper. The pain was unbearable.
I had to think fast. We were following the movie with a Mothers Day cook out, so I grabbed my apron (Which in a startling coincidence read "Lets get the Sausage on the Grill") and walked slowly downstairs.

After two hours of this, there were tears in my eyes. I excused myself and went back inside. I took the apron off and stared at WangUS. He looked sad. He hurt. There was only one course of action. Grip and rip it.

14 stitches later I returned to the cook out. Not sure how I'm going to explain this to Michelle...

3 comments:

LOL Was it the frank or the beans?

It was the frank, the beans and 1/3 of my spleen...

Oh, Barry O! Call Bill. He has lots of experience with this kind of thing.

Tags

Labels