Barry O For President 2012

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Meeting with Arne Duncan

Posted by Barry O Wednesday, March 25, 2009, under ,, | 3 comments

Arne Duncan came in today. He freaks me out a little- he looks kind of weird. After meeting him, I had wished that Rahm had picked Laura Roslin instead. Anyway he came in to talk, and introduce me to a teacher.

So he sticks his head inside my door and says "FLATUS?" I started to say "Certainly not- he who smelt it dealt it", but Arne continued "I have the representative from the Federation of Literary Arts Teachers of the United States."

I said "Ohh, send her in."

I don't remember her name, but she was no Laura Roslin. No robots, no spaceships no Starbuck. The meeting was actually kind of boring. "America's youth. Yada, yada, yada." On and on. If I wanted to be a parent I wouldn't have hired nannies.

Then she got my attention. She started talking about a book. And a vampire named Edward (she kept saying he was "dreamy"). There were also werewolves and car crashes and young love- and there's a movie, so I don't even have to read the book! I can't wait to watch Twilight.

I finally have something to do today.

3 comments:

Oh, Barry O, whom I shall call, for purposes of this comment, President BO, it certainly smells like a movement.

AAAAAANNNNNNNNDDDDDDD the "dumbing down" of America continues...

Signed,
Ms Bambi
Teacher in "real" America

I agree- I'll get on Arne about this...

Tags

Labels