Barry O For President 2012

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Monday, March 23, 2009

Tea bagging

Posted by Barry O Monday, March 23, 2009, under , | 5 comments

So, Geithner, Rahm, Ron Paulson and I sat down for a meeting on the spending package. Rahm always reminds me to call these things stimulus packages, but it really is a lot of spending. This time we are looking at about another trillion dollars. We were all (except Paulson- what's his problem?) laughing about how easy is is to spend the second trillion dollars.

The details on these things are brutal, so I went to my happy place and let the other 3 start wading through the details. They were talking about the opposition, and something caught my attention. I though Paulson said that I should be prepared to face "more tea baggings". As you can imagine, that caught my attention. So I said, "Shouldn't the secret service protect me form random and unwanted tea baggings?" That’s when Rahm and Ron started laughing (Geithner just got uncomfortable looking).

After they stopped laughing, Geithner offered- "It wouldn't be so bad..." and then everyone started looking uncomfortable . When Tim recognized the tension, he quickly added, "From what I've heard."

Well, this set of Rahm off again. He started beating Geithner. This time he took off his shoe and beat him about the head and shoulders. Once Rahm had worn himself out, everyone explained to me that Ron had said "Tea Party". They also assured me that the secret service would indeed stop anyone that tries to teabag me. This made me feel better. In fact I felt so good, I was able to have a great time during my 60 minutes interview. Like the old song says "Aint nothin' gonna get me down..."

5 comments:

Please don't confuse tea bagging with tea parties... think of the children!

Barry O, I'm sure, based on your performance, that teabagging is the least of your worries.

Ananda, I think of the children all the time- after all they are the ones that have to pay for all my new spending!

Joe- Surely, you jest. Everyone loves Barry!

Mark- If you had seen Geithner make the remarks above you would have liked it even less...

I'm not jesting, and please don't call me surely(wait...there's something wrong with that...how come it worked in the movie?)

Tags

Labels