Barry O For President 2012

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, April 10, 2009

Catholic controversy.

Posted by Barry O Friday, April 10, 2009, under | 5 comments

Let me go on the record as saying that I fully support Harry Knox. I recently appointed him as an advisory council member on the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. It seems that some of his statements on Catholicism may have been taken out of context. Good Friday seems like an acceptable time to set the record straight. Mr. Knox is on the record as saying:

    The Knights of Columbus, a Catholic fraternal service organization, are "foot soldiers of a discredited army of oppression" for their role in a pro-marriage campaign, saying the group "followed discredited leaders," including bishops and Pope Benedict.

That's pretty clear. He called the Head of State for Vatican City a discredited leader. This head of state is also the head of the worlds largest denomination of Christians- There's over a billion Roman Catholics in the world. He also called out the Knights of Columbus. Damn them and their insurance coverage for uninsurable children! And their community work! Probably just a branch of the illuminati anyway.

The important thing here is, that my administration will continue to pander to 3% (homosexuals) of the population- even if we do so at the risk of alienating 24% of the population (Catholics).

Just to clarify, this is a wholly political move. Some have accused me of appointing Harry Knox to deflect criticism from my beloved liberal constituents after I invited  Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy to be part of the same council. Tony, is an evangelical Christian who supported efforts in Indiana to ban same-sex marriage in 2007. Tony really saved me on this one by declining my offer, citing scheduling conflicts. Now I am trying to placate the homosexual lobby by appointing Mr. Knox.

I hope this clarified everything. Between this and my Notre Dame problem, I hope everyone is completely clear on where this administration stands on Catholics!


5 comments:

hi there... very informative blog.. thanks for following, by the way.. i followed back.. keep visiting.. :D

EnJayNeer,

Thanks for taking notice!

Yes, I can see you are standing on the Catholics. Get off!

RE: "I hope everyone is completely clear on where this administration stands on Catholics!"

Yes. With both feet and cement shoes.

Just making sure that we treat them the same as all Americans!

Tags

Labels

Blog Archive

Blog Archive