Barry O For President 2012

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wire tapping, fist smacking, toe tapping goodness

Posted by Barry O Tuesday, April 21, 2009, under ,, | No comments

Rahm burst in on my morning bubble bath this morning. I'm used to
Geithner trying to peek, but this invasion of privacy was new behavior
for Rahm. "He was screaming "They got us!"

My first thought was of the filthy, duplicitous Norwegians- they can
never be trusted again. "Was it the damn dirty Norwegians?", I asked.
Rahm just looked at me with a blank stair. Like he didn't remember...

"Ah, no Mr. President, it was the Republicans."

"Ohh- politics, I thought." That was something that I actually
understand. "What did they do?" My money was on something Cheney
related.

"The Republican wiretapping picked up Rep. Jane Harman telling a
suspected Israeli agent that she would lobby the Justice Department
reduce espionage-related charges against two officials of the American
Israeli Public Affairs Committee. The AIPAC are 'friends of the program'
and are the most powerful pro-Israel organization in Washington."

"So, she was caught peddling influence? What was for sale?"

"Well, the AIPAC rep promised to lobby Pelosi to appoint Harmon chair of
the Intelligence Committee after the 2006 elections."

Well, that didn't happen...", I offered. Rahm agreed, "Pelosi is way to
slippery to fall for that. She made this go away in 2006- but, she
didn't know about this court approved wire tap."

"So, basically, Harmon and Pelosi are caught in a similar position as my
old buddy 'G-Rod?' (Rod Blagojevich)"

"Yes...", answered Rahm.

We both said it at the same time- "Uh-oh..."

0 comments:

Tags

Labels

Blog Archive

Blog Archive